If I could have you over for coffee…

Standard

If I could have you over for coffee…

You would see that my Korean apartment is definitely Korean, but the smallness of it has actually become our “new normal” and there is something to be said about living with only what you need.

The apartment would look clean. There is a 99% chance that it would be, but that isn’t because of me. I would tell you right away that the credit goes to my husband. If you came over on the 1% chance that it was dirty…it wouldn’t bother me a bit. I would assume you understand that life happens.

If I could have you over for coffee I would want to know more about you, your day, your struggles, what makes you happy, and what makes you sad.  You would find out real quick that I really don’t like small talk for very long, but that I love hearing stories. I love hearing ideas, thoughts, desires, and dreams.

jeju beauty two

If you and I had coffee- there wouldn’t be a shortage of talking…because although I am learning to listen more. I still love to talk. I love to connect, but I also know when to stop.

I would definitely want to talk about my faith as a christian, but I would  be scared to offend you. I would probably want to build a friendship first so that I could tell you more about the best part of who I am, and why I am. If I could have you over for coffee I would tell you that when I say I am blessed it means that GOD has blessed me..and I am most certainly undeserving of it all.

I would tell you about marriage, my husband, and how we don’t know where life will take us in 5 years, but that the thought of that excites me. I would probably tell you that  I just finished the book And The Mountains Echoed ,and how I loved it. I would want to know if you read, and what you are reading.

me n tommy

I would want you to know that just because I ran 2 marathons and because my genes have made it impossible to gain weight doesn’t mean I am in shape AND that I actually struggle to motivate myself to get out, and run. I would be proud to tell you that I am finally following through with a daily workout, and man it feels GOOD!

If I could have you over for coffee…

I’d want to know:

What you are most grateful for?

When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?

and this.

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

jeju beauty

Advertisements

About Elicia Shepard

I'm unique just like you. I've learned every person has a story which makes us who we are. One minute I am here..then I am gone. Discovering unknown places and people is an addiction I am proud of and will be an endless journey of mine. Smiling is not a pastime it's what I do. I live for moments that take my breath away. Falling in love is the greatest feeling-and the biggest risk. I thrive off of risks.Challenges. Adrenaline rushes. Making others smile. Art is all around and in ourselves. I love taking an unknown path not knowing where it'll lead. Mystery is beautiful. Compassion, kindness, and love- things I will always strive for. Know what you believe in. Stand up for it. Never be afraid to feel. Time waits for no one.Ever. Children inspire me. God fires me. Happiness is being with those you love.I am really blessed. I think God is love and forgiveness and I think he wants us to be good people and love EVERYONE. Figure out who you are and what that means to you-It's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself (and you deserve it.) Live frugally on surprise. Breathe. Be who you are. Be an outcast...If you wanna find me I will be where the wind blows...Wherever that may take me.

5 responses »

  1. Grateful for the family I get to have, immediate and extended. Advice? Seek out the good and love on everyone. Good stuff, Elicia!

  2. Found a link to your blog from your comment on mine 🙂 Wow – we really are living such similar lives here. We should meet up some time. Yeosu is so close to us 🙂 I’m going to facebook stalk you and invite you then we can chat 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s